Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Review: Cuisinart CSB-77 Smart Stick Hand Blender with Whisk and Chopper Attachments

Print  Friendly and PDF

After a long thought about investing in an immersion blender, I decided to go with the Cuisinart Smart Stick mainly because I loved the sleek finish of the hand blender and also because it came with a small chopper attachment that will eliminate the need to reach out to my big food processor for cutting onions, veggies and such.

I am very happy with the blender cause it makes making soups, smoothies and bisque(s) a breeze.Take this creamy red lentil soup that I made a few days ago-- it went from coarse/chunky to creamy in a matter of 5-10 seconds. I didn't have to wait for it to cool down, pour into a blender and do it in batches.Totally love the mixing/measuring cup with graduated markings. The chopper isn't the best of best and the whisk could be a little heavier. But if you are looking for a moderately priced, elegant and efficient hand blender for soups, smoothies and bisque you can invest in this Cuisinart smart stick hand blender, available at csnstores.com for $50 bucks with Free Shipping.

Creamy Red Lentil Soup, a simple and satisfying winter indulgence. The beautiful porcelain footed rice/cereal bowl that you see in the pictures are from csnstores too. I got 6 for $30 bucks.I eat my morning cereals, rice and noodle lunch, soups in the multi-taking bowl that is just the right size for me.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Red Lentils, Cleaned and drained of water
  • 2 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
  • 2 Small Tomatoes
  • 1/2 Large Onion
  • 1 Dry Red Chili(2 if you are up for it)
  • 2 Stalks Mint
  • 3 Cups Water or  2 Cups Water + 1 Cup Milk
  • 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • Salt for taste
Procedure:
  • In a soup pot, heat 3 tbsp of olive oil.
  • Add the chopped onions and mint leaves. Saute till the onions are translucent.
  • Throw in the vegetables, chili and fry for 2 minutes.
  • Drain the cleaned lentils and add it to the pan.
  • Pour water or water-milk combo and bring the contents to a boil with lid-on.
  • Add salt some 15 minutes later, check for taste and puree the contents using an immersion blender.
  • Transfer the creamy soup into a serving bowl. 
Makes 4 Generous Servings.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

21 comments:

  1. it surely a very useful gadget!
    the soup look delish too...nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. USeful gadget for the sure, i cant live without my handblender, i need them absolutely..

    Soup looks soo thick and comforting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the same blender for $30 at costco. I think its a very goood one especially for smoothies and soups and ofcourse the chopper isnt bad either. I have not yet tried the whisk! thanks for the soup recipe. looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had one of those but it got burnt out, great soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think my immersion blender is my abs fav kitchen appliance..like u said its just so damn easy when it comes to soups and smoothies. I actually puree almost anything and everything. that soup does look incredibly creamy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blender seems much useful dear. cute bowls too. Soup looks creamy n rich.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the review about the gadget. thanks for sharing. lentil soup looks yummy:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thnx for clearing my confusion. Was looking for this gadget to use it in hot items and without scattering my delicacies..And soup is so delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this blender; especially the chopper attachment. I used to used it almost everyday from making smoothies in the morning, to chopping onions for dinner, to blending my soup in a hot pot. Unfortunately, mine died after barely 2 years :-(

    I'm not sure if I wanna spent another $50 for it; though I miss the Smart Stick very dearly. Maybe I should look for restaurant-grade hand blender knowing my history of wear and tear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a great buy!!
    nice review..soup looks wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to buy one of these. That price is pretty reasonable.

    Your soup looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Useful gadget for sure and especially when making greens and sauces...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my immersion blender too. In fact I should say that my hubby loves it more than me ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)